BARI Gold - Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
BARI Gold, the standard of excellence. Hand polished brass saxophone mouthpieces finished in 18 carat gold.
Cap and Ligature included
Bari began with one man's mission to achieve a unique sound. Wolfe Taninbaum, the designer of the original Bari reeds and mouthpieces was a musician who played under the stage name of Wolfe Tayne for such famous orchestras as Les Brown, Benny Goodman and Jimmy Dorsey. He also sat in with the CBS and NBC orchestras. Early on, Wolfe became so frustrated with the inconsistency of playable reeds that he began to make his own. After years of trying to perfect cane reeds, he turned to synthetics. In 1952 he developed his first synthetic reed. It was also the first one to gain acceptance from some of the world's top musicians. Wolfe's innovations didn't stop there. he also helped create a unique facing for alto and tenor mouthpieces that Otto Link applied to his larger chamber blanks, calling it the "WT." It produced a dark, husky resonance that was coveted by saxophonists and fetched top dollar. Today's WT II and WT III mouthpieces are improved designs of the original. Now you can achieve that same coveted sound
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.