Orsi Eb Contrabass Saxophone - 1974
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
An exceptionally rare chance to get your hands on a vintage contrabass saxophone!
We are immensely excited to announce that this spectacular instrument is now for sale in our London store! It has been through our workshop for extensive work including a full overhaul to ensure the instrument is playing to its former glory.
Standing at a towering 6'4 with a bell the size of Big Ben, you won't find a saxophone more imposing than this. Made in 1974 by Romeo Orsi Wind Instruments in Milan, this instrument has been very well cared for over the years by one careful owner. The natural aging of the lacquer looks spectacular and the bodywork is in great condition, having barely left the room it was first pictured in (see photos).
The instrument comes with its original case, a stand, bass mouthpiece, and some wonderful photos of the original owner standing proudly with the sax.
Due to the nature of this instrument, we respectfully ask that only customers serious about purchasing the saxophone, play-test the instrument.
· Material: Brass
· Engraving: Hand Engraved Bell
· Case: Original Case
· Mouthpiece: Bass Mouthpiece
· Made in: Italy
· Fully overhauled in our workshop
· Recommended for: Professionals, Collectors
Please note that the saxophone cannot be shipped and will need to be collected from our London store.
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.