JodyJazz HR* Custom Dark - Soprano Sax Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
The HR* Custom Dark is Jody Jazz's more traditional option, offering darker tones and a smoother more silky sound.
As the soprano can sometimes be overbearing and shrill in areas, the custom dark really helps soften the sound allowing it to sit in a jazz setting more seamlessly. The rollover baffle is still present in the mouthpiece, but the large chamber really compliments the mouthpiece well. A great jazz mouthpiece!
The JodyJazz HR* Custom dark uses the finest material used in hard rubber mouthpieces today - Jody's proprietary Chedeville® Rubber. CHR (Chedeville Rubber) is a softer purer formula than regular standard hard rubber.
HR star CUSTOM DARK Soprano Bore
A large round chamber puts the timbre in a warm dark zone and the thick heavy gold plated brass band on the shank boosts the amount of harmonics in the sound.
HR star CUSTOM DARK Soprano Baffle
The facing curve and baffle on the HR* CUSTOM DARK are what truly make the mouthpiece a joy to play. We have applied our twenty years of making mouthpieces on these two key components of a mouthpiece, with a combination of science, technology, and old-fashioned made by hand craftsmanship.
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.