Drake - New Era - Soprano Ebonite Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
A high-quality mouthpiece, suitable for all styles of music
The New Era soprano mouthpiece is the latest piece out from the renowned mouthpiece maker Aaron Drake. These pieces have gained a great reputation recently with their great sound, unique design and strong attention to detail.
These pieces are all handmade By Aaron and the first thing I noticed was how well built this mouthpiece is. The attention to detail is top-notch and this is immediately evident by the smooth unmarked tip and rails. The mouthpiece is made from a special vintage resin that recreates the richness and depth of sound produced by pieces of the past; combined with the modern-day manufacturing process. This piece was very responsive, played very smoothly with very stable intonation and tuning throughout the whole range of the sax. I was incredibly impressed by the number of tonal colors that can be produced from this piece, which is down to the vintage resin material used. The sub-tone was absolutely effortless and the tone came out warm and full-bodied, which makes it perfect for playing smooth ballads. When pushed this piece had some serious power and this didn’t become harsh at loud volumes which can often be the case on the soprano. This also makes the piece perfect for playing in louder settings such as funk, rock or electronic music. Overall a great piece which should satisfy all the demands of the everyday musician who plays in many different musical situations. Dom@sax.co.uk
• Material: Vintage Resin ebonite
• Made in USA
• Medium Chamber
• Window: Rollover Baffle
• Liagture - Vintage resin Double Rail Ligature
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.