JodyJazz DV CHI - Tenor Sax Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
The JodyJazz DV Chicago model silver plated metal tenor saxophone mouthpiece is the culmination of a quest by Jody Espina to make the most efficient saxophone mouthpiece that delivers the biggest, fullest sound.
What is the DV CHI Metal Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece?
The DV Chicago model silver plated metal tenor saxophone mouthpiece is the culmination of a quest by Jody Espina to make the most efficient saxophone mouthpiece that delivers the biggest, fullest sound.
The DV CHI produces a darker, less bright tone than the contemporary sound of the JodyJazz DV, but a considerably brighter more modern tone than the JodyJazz DV NY. The beautifully shaped baffle/chamber design of the DV CHI produces a tone that is reminiscent of Dexter Gordan but is quite at home in a contemporary situation.
Simply put, the DV CHI combines the best properties of the highly successful DV and DV NY series while adding several new design modifications which enhance the players ability to manipulate the tone. The scalloped chamber also allows the player to push more air through the mouthpiece without experiencing any harshness.
Big Robust Sound
Here, nature, science and imagination combine to create a revolutionary new saxophone mouthpiece. Jody Espina has designed the patented JodyJazz CHI, using proportions and principles found in nature. For a powerful, husky, effortless playing experience, we invite you to try the DV CHI.
What Does The DV CHI Do?
-Bigger Fatter Tone
-Power and Projection
How Does The DV CHI Do It?
-Golden section proportioning
-Proprietary CNC facing technology
-Perfect radius facing curve
-Perfect reed/Tip match
-Hand finished baffle, tip rail and table
-Play tested by Jody Espina
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.