Yanagisawa BWO10 Baritone Saxophone - Gold Lacquer
- Free 12-Point Professional Set-up
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
- Free One Year Checkover
Top of the range Elite Yanagisawa Finished in brass - Sax Engineering doesn't get any better than this!
The WO series for baritone is here! Yanagisawa have refreshed their range and made improvements to their already highly regarded baritones. The BWO10 brings us a new sourcing of brass material, some adjustments in intonation and further advances in key mechanism and layout. The best has just got better!!
The BWO10 is considered one of Yanagisawa’s ‘Elite’ models, and in practicality this means that there are some refinements in mechanism beyond what is available through the BWO1 and 2 models. Firstly, the BWO10 includes a ‘fully ribbed’ construction – this means that there are strips of brass soldered on to the body of the sax, on to which the various pillars are then soft soldered themselves. This gives added ‘body’ to the tone, while offering even further solidarity of design. Secondly, the Elite series offers double arms on the lowest and most vulnerable keys, again adding stability to the set-up.
Now let’s take a look at the improvements that Yanagisawa have made with regards to key mechanism.
1. Change to the angle of the right little finger keys for smoother fingering.
2. Set of ‘feet’ underneath the side Bb & C levers – plus an optimisation in the mechanical side of producing these notes.
3. Newly designed Low A thumb key for smoother fingering.
4. Repositioning of the strap ring for easier playing.
5. Newly designed right-hand key guard exclusive to the new baritones. This protects the player from getting their trousers caught in the mechanics, when balancing the bell section on this area!
6. Redesigned upper bow brace for a stylish look!
Secondly, there are adjustments to sound and intonation:
1. Readjustment of tone-holes sizes and positions for better intonation.
2. Addition of a plate on the front of the neck pipe for a ‘tightening of the sound from middle to high register’.
3. Newly sourced Brass material for WO1 and WO10
And finally, there is a newly designed case, offering much more practicality over the previous model. In-line with the altos and tenors, it is now a back-pack style design! However, for baritone they have included some beautifully designed and slickly inset wheels, essential for any baritone player out on the road! This case also has much more pocket space to store one’s accessories.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Clear Lacquer
• Key Touches: Mother of Pearl
• Neck: Yanagisawa
• Engraving: Engraved
• Case: New stylish case with Backpack Straps
• Mouthpiece: Yanagisawa Hard Rubber
• Made in: Japan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a year
• Recommended for: Advancing students, professionals
I simply love this baritone! Okay, it’s true, I’m not a baritone player, but you pick this beast up and give it some stick, everything becomes easy! I think that Yanagisawa’s attention to detail when it comes to improving something that has been considered an industry leading baritone for years is admirable. I find their entire WO series of baritones an absolute joy to play – the sound is the most responsive of all baritones I’ve ever tried; playing down through to the lowest register feels like an effortless process, and mechanically it is a dream! You can’t really ask for more. firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
12 point pro saxophone set-up included
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.