Yanagisawa Ebonite Mouthpiece - Soprano Saxophone
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
A classic mouthpiece particularly suited to classical and smooth jazz playing
The Yanagisawa mouthpieces have been around a while are now considered a standard choice among players. Yanagisawa produce just two different mouthpieces, one ebonite the other metal. These are very high quality mouthpieces and are made with the same Japanese-precision as their instruments.
The Yanagisawa ebonite pieces have a round chamber unlike the squared chambered metal pieces. This helps give the mouthpiece a smoother, thicker sound, which on the soprano can be thin and harsh especially in the higher register. When testing this piece I found it very easy to play in the sub-tone register and free-blowing. The sound is clear and precise which makes it ideal for classical playing. Tonally it has a fairly neutral sound which will help the player to develop their own sound. When pushed it does have some power, however it doesn’t have the projection as some other high-baffled pieces on the market. So it may not be suited to loud funk or rock settings. Overall for someone starting off on the soprano, where you have to make quite a few adjustments with your embouchure it’s an ideal piece. It’s very user friendly and seems to be particularly suited to either classical music; or smooth jazz settings. Dom@sax.co.uk
• Made in Japan
• Round Chamber
• Rollover Baffle
• Medium Facing
• CNC Machined
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.