Rovner MK3 Saxophone Ligature
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
A premium ligature that delivers a big, well-centered, brilliant tone without buzz. Responsive in all registers, it offers dynamic range and accurate intonation.
Supplied with cap
•A premium ligature that gives greater weight and tonal substance than either the Light or Dark
•Similar to the Dark, but responds with a heftier tone
•Includes a Rovner cap
•Made in the USA
Who Plays it?
A variation on the original Dark, the robust MK III is enjoyed by jazz and classical players alike. Combining the best properties of the Dark and the Light, the MK III became the first "premium" Rovner ligature, delivering both a dark sound and enhanced facility. Historically it has held a great appeal to band directors looking for a bit of a boost for their woodwinds.
Choosing The Right Size
If you have a standard sized hard rubber or plastic mouthpiece (such as a Yamaha 4C or Selmer C*), you will want to select the following sizes:
- Soprano = C-1RVS
- Alto = C-1RL
- Tenor = C-2R
- Baritone = C-3R (except in the case of Vandoren V16 and other slimmer style baritone mouthpieces)
If you have bought one of the new Theo Wanne "Water" mouthpieces, these are slimmer than other plastic mouthpieces and require the "C-1M" size ligature designed for metal alto mouthpieces.
Please Note: Despite Rovners extensive list of options, there are occasionally mouthpieces where the correct size is not immediately obvious. This is particularly true of baritone and bass mouthpieces, which can vary in size considerably depending on make. If you are at all unsure about which ligature would be best for your mouthpiece, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help you!
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.