Otto Link Metal - Florida - Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
Babbitt’s copy of the Classic Florida Production Super tone Master design. A versatile all rounder offering a more characterful alternative to the standard modern Metal Link.
While Otto Link Super Tone Masters have been an industry standard on tenor for years they don’t offer a huge amount of projection (without working really hard). The Florida adheres to the standard design but has a short rollover baffle which, without really changing the tone of the STM does give potential for a lot more power. The dynamic range here is very impressive.
The * has a slightly wider tip opening which allows more air in and assists in creating a bigger sound.
Material: Plated brass
Made In: USA
Chamber: Medium / Large
Baffle: Short Rollover
Ligature: Classic metal Link floating plate design
Manufacturing Method: Moulded
Recommended for: Jazz ProfessionalsSTAFF REVIEW
"Metal Otto Links have always struck me as a blank canvas- very versatile but bring little with them. This being their biggest selling point but also their biggest drawback; their neutral character.
Meet the new Florida- an Extrovert’s STM. While the core Link feel and vibe is still there, this piece can easily be pushed into something a lot bigger, fuller and more room filling. It’s not exactly bright in the conventional sense- in that there’s a fullness of sound rather than edginess- but its easily powerful enough to cut it in some pretty noisy playing environments.
As an all rounder with a good reserve of power or something to work with big, or electric bands without going full high-baffle these are a really strong contender. Easy blowing, impressive dynamic range and overall a really satisfying and fun piece to play on." Jules@sax.co.uk
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.