Vandoren Leather Ligatures - Plastic Cap
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
The single screw on top of the ligature, in gold-gilded tightens the ligature evenly and precisely. Made of high quality genuine leather, carefully and skilfully sewn in the hand-crafted tradition, to work in complete harmony with the reed and mouthpiece. Leather, a living material, gives an ideal combination of rigidity and flexibility. Its elasticity absorbs the higher harmonics which often cause a sound to be bright or harsh. It also comes into contact with a larger surface area of the mouthpiece, creating a more focused, compact sound. The leather ligature is supplied with a wooden support in order to help it maintain its shape when not in use. An easy-fit Velcro® system makes changing the plates easy while contributing to the flexibility of the entire ligature.
Three interchangeable pressure plates to subtly modify your sound:
1. Metal plate for a more colorful and compact sound. The combination of a metal plate and a flexible ligature offers the player the best sonic qualities of both materials.
2. Smooth leather plate made from the same leather as the ligature, it creates a focused, compact sound that is slightly darker.
3. Supple smooth leather plate made from a more supple leather, it gives a rounder, more ample sound.
Supplied with a plastic cap.
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.