JodyJazz DV BEATBoX - Tenor Sax Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
LIMITED TIME INTRODUCTORY OFFER:
FREE BG ROSE GOLD DUO LIGATURE AND LEGERE SIGNATURE REED WITH EVERY BEATBOX MOUTHPIECE PURCHASE! (RETAIL VALUE OF £135!)
Try your hand at Beatbox sax? This is the perfect mouthpiece to see you on your way. Jody Jazz have developed their famous DV to allow these techniques to be performed with even more ease!
“The JodyJazz DV has always been the best mouthpiece for me. Now with the DV BEATBoX it’s the PERFECT mouthpiece for me!” – Derek Brown
From the manufacturer:
“We are very proud to introduce the new DV BEATBoX Tenor mouthpiece, the result of our collaboration with worldwide ‘BEATBoX Sax’ sensation Derek Brown. Since Derek first began inventing new extended techniques on the saxophone he’s been doing it with the JodyJazz DV Tenor mouthpiece.
We worked with Derek to perfect a new mouthpiece that would allow him to perform his extraordinary ‘Beatbox’ techniques with less effort and just the right sound and response. The result is the new DV BEATBoX Tenor. A silver-plated customized DV mouthpiece in Derek’s preferred #5 Tip Opening”
• Material: Silver Plated Brass
• Made In: USA
• Chamber: Small
• Baffle: High
• Ligature: D’addario H Ligature
• Manufacturing Method: CNC machined
• Recommended for: Beatbox!
Tip Opening = 0.080 inches. The same as an Otto Link 5 or Selmer C**
This piece really draws you into the world of the extraordinary talent, Derek Brown. I didn’t know where to start when trying to emulate some of his techniques but the moment you try flitting between bass notes and mid-range notes, all heavily tongued, you realise that it’s totally possible on this mouthpiece.
At first I struggled with the small aperture, but the more I experimented with these techniques I realised that it allows you to conserve your energy for this physically demanding technique while making it easy to articulate sharply and cleanly at the same time. Great job Jody! - Jim Cheek
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.