JodyJazz DV Mouthpiece - Bass Saxophone
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
What Is the DV Bass Saxophone Mouthpiece?
Jody Espina has introduced the concept of Golden Section Proportions to the art of high end saxophone mouthpiece design. This perfect chamber/bore/facing combination will result in an extraordinary playing experience for you.
Effortless Power & Beauty
Here, nature, science and imagination combine to create a revolutionary new saxophone mouthpiece. The 24kt Gold Plated JodyJazz DV Alto sax mouthpiece (U.S. Patent No. 7,470,844) uses proportions and principles found in nature. For the most effortless playing experience of your life, we invite you to try the DV alto sax mouthpiece.
Three Goals in Creating the DV Series of Saxophone Mouthpieces
1. To create the most efficient mouthpiece possible. That means that there are more harmonics present in the sound and therefore the projection of this bass sax mouthpiece is huge.
2. To eliminate the annoying shrillness that is associated with loud bright bass saxophone mouthpieces.
3. To have a big fat midrange and bottom end that has never been present before in an bass mouthpiece with strong projection.
Testimonials From JodyJazz Artist Endorsers
"The day I first played JodyJazz DV Saxophone Mouthpieces I became instantly converted. No other sax mouthpieces can match them!"
"Jody, I've been playing the mouthpiece a lot and using it on the current tour through Europe with Arturo Sandoval. "The mouthpiece is amazing. The DV Tenor sax mouthpiece plays beautifully from top to bottom, loud and soft. I am really having fun playing again. AMAZING piece. Arturo loves it and audiences seem to really dig the sound. All the best,"
"After playing the Jody Jazz Tenor DV mouthpiece for a few seconds the first thought that came into my head was, "Oh, so there's my sound!" This piece makes playing fun again."
"The DV is amazing. If you play modern styles, you MUST try this mouthpiece."
"My JodyJazz DV tenor mouthpiece has a strong, fast response, with a modern sound, yet I can still get a warm subtone quality whenever I want. Easy to blow with a very focused tone, the DV, also has a third dimension to the sound that I've never encountered in any mouthpiece before. I couldn't be more happy. Way to go Jody!"
"The Jody Jazz Tenor DV is one of the most impressive saxophone mouthpieces I've ever played. The DV has amazing capabilities in terms of projection and dynamic range, yet it is highly sensitive. I find it extremely easy to articulate and express myself throughout the entire range of the horn. The DV mouthpiece is a highly significant innovation in the saxophone world, plus it's really fun to play."
"Jody, Gotta tell you I love this DV tenor mouthpiece. It's a definite keeper. What a full sound! Adds a lot of color and definition to my tone. I was really surprised upon seeing the high baffle and extended window how nice of a sound it got, without being shrill or exhibiting harsh overtones. I am impressed with how it can be used for about any style. It can be used for nice lush subtones, and then can be pushed to honk if needed with no tone quality being sacrificed."
Ryan Burrage, New Orleans
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.