JodyJazz DV - Soprano Sax Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
What Is the DV Soprano Saxophone Mouthpiece?
Jody Espina has introduced the concept of Golden Section Proportions to the art of high end saxophone mouthpiece design. This perfect chamber/bore/facing combination will result in an extraordinary playing experience for you.
Effortless Power & Beauty
Here, nature, science and imagination combine to create a revolutionary new saxophone mouthpiece. Jody Espina has designed the JodyJazz DV using proportions and principles found in nature. For the most effortless playing experience of your life we invite you to try the DV.
Three Goals in Creating the DV Series of Saxophone Mouthpieces
1. To create the most efficient sax mouthpiece possible. That means that there are more harmonics present in the sound and therefore the projection of this Soprano sax mouthpiece is huge.
2. To eliminate the annoying shrillness that is associated with loud bright soprano saxophone mouthpieces.
3. To have a big fat midrange and bottom end that has never been present before in a soprano sax mouthpiece with strong projection.
The new facing curve results in absolutely no dead spots in the vibration of the reed. In other words, all notes in all ranges respond equally. This Metal Soprano sax mouthpiece has a warm tone while being able to sing and soar over the top of any band. Sub toning and low notes are extremely easy and Intonation is spot on. To my knowledge, there is no other soprano saxophone mouthpiece that blows like the DV. Most soprano sax mouthpieces have back pressure when play them but the DV soprano will let you play it like your alto or tenor. Be prepared to have possibly the most fun you ever have had on the saxophone.
Players who now or in the past have played Guardala, Dukoff, Beechler, Jumbo Java, SR Tech, Vandoren V16, Yanagisawa, or any of the bright mouthpieces out there will be sure to love The DV. This is not just another bright mouthpiece. There will be noticeable differences and improvements.
I have found that many straight-ahead jazz players who tend to favor mouthpieces that are just a little brighter than most mainstream dark mouthpieces have a very high chance of making the DV their new Soprano sax mouthpiece. We have had many many converts who came from playing the most popular hard rubber Jazz piece. These players almost always think that they won't like a metal Soprano mouthpiece and they are surprised every time.
All saxophone players are amazed to find a saxophone mouthpiece that works so efficiently, where the articulation is clean and one can easily go from low to high and vice versa.
The DV is manufactured on the most sophisticated computer-controlled Lathes and Mills, yet the DV benefits from a high degree of hand finishing. The attention to detail in design and finishing gave to the DV results in a stunning work of art that plays like a dream come true.
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.