Nadir New Crescent - Tenor Sax Mouthpiece - Gold Plated - Handmade
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
Manufactured by hand with immense precision by the legendary Dave Guardala's workshop colleague, Nadir Ibrahimoglu.
Building on his skill learned with Dave Guardala, Nadir has continued with the classic designs as well as introducing several new variations of his own.
This sort of construction is very labour intensive but the overall quality is without peer. Cosmetically the appearance is much smoother with no cut marks. This facilitates a better airflow throughout the piece. In our tests we've found its sound becomes more complex and richer with additional harmonics. Difficult to put your finger on exactly why or what is going on, but is it worth it......ooh yes!
Crescent model was designed with the "Coltrane" sound in mind. The sound of this mouthpiece is reminiscent of the John Coltrane album "Crescent" circa 1963. It features a slightly smaller tip opening (106) than other models and has a large bore and a slight baffle.
This New Crescent model should be used by those players who prefer a dark sound.
Tip opening 7* (106)
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.