Retro Revival New Yorker Small Chamber Alto Sax Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
Retro Revival have re-created the infamous Meyer Bros New York alto mouthpiece with painstaking accuracy. This was the choice of mouthpiece for Cannonball Adderley and Phil Woods, both known for that classic alto sound, and we are now fortunate enough to have Retro Revival replicate this rare and sought after mouthpiece down to the smallest detail.
Using the most advanced CAD technology and the highest quality Vintage Formula German Rod Rubber these mouthpieces produce that classic ‘New York’ sound, full of warmth and core.
The selection process for finding the best original New York Meyer to base this modern rendition on was extensive. The combined collections of Bob Shepard and Joel Peskin have produced a piece they called ‘the one’ and this is the one that has been replicated to produce this modern ‘New Yorker’.
This small chamber version offers a slightly more defined and focussed sound over and above the medium chamber.
Joel Peskin, founder of Retro Revival mouthpieces, states on his website: ‘It is our intention to earn your trust by offering the real deal. No hype, exaggerated claims and cliché sales gimmickry. Our intended goal is to offer affordable vintage replica mouthpieces that we would actually use and love to play! To our highest standards, we are committed to play testing every mouthpiece, and with great pride, we are confident that sax players from every age and level of experience will feel and hear the special qualities of our ‘Super D’ Tenor, the ‘New Yorker’ Alto, and other classic Retro Revival replicas soon to come.’
• Material: German Bar Rubber
• Made In: California, USA
• Chamber: Small
• Baffle: Slight rollover
• Ligature: Rico H Lig
• Manufacturing Method: CNC milled, hand finished/polished
• Recommended for: Advancing students/professionals – all styles!
"This small chamber ‘New Yorker’ has a huge amount of warmth and body, and definitely checks in with more resistance and integrity of tone compared to the modern-day versions. Having tried one or two vintage Meyers over the years I can tell that this mouthpiece belongs to that camp, so the guys at Retro Revival are not telling fibs when they say they are modelling it on a classic piece from past. This small chamber version has a little less resistance and the sound leans in a more contemporary direction with a little bit more ‘cut’ being on-hand." - Jim Cheek (Sax.co.uk)
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.