Vandoren Java Ebonite - Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
Java ebonite mouthpieces offer the feel that's ideal for jazz, soul and funk. Similar in concept to metal mouthpieces, Java saxophone mouthpieces offer the style and comfort of ebonite. Recommended for use with Java or V16 reeds.
Tip Opening/Facing Length
T45 (2.35mm/Medium Facing) Easy sound production; ideal for Big Band & section playing.
T55 (2.50mm/Long Facing) The same tip opening as the V16 T6, but with the Java sound.
T75 (2.65mm/Medium Long Facing) The most popular tip opening for Java on Tenor.
T95 (2.95mm/Long Facing) An open mouthpiece, but easy to play. For Be-Bop & Jazz.
This is a very flexible mouthpiece! Designed to suit the needs of the contemporary jazz musician who needs a piece that will work in both pop/funk and Jazz situations, and it delivers. Whilst not as full and warm as it's V16 brother, the Java provides a clean focused sound that is easy to push into a brighter, edgier sound whilst also delivering a pleasingly round and soft sound when you hold back. Due to a surprising amount of resistance, there is a lot of space to give it all you have, useful when struggling to be heard in an electric band. This mouthpiece will appeal to those looking for that 'Fusion' style sound or If you just play in several different style situations and don't want to carry a load of mouthpieces around with you. Matthew@sax.co.uk
What has impressed with the range of Vandoren mouthpieces is the quality and clarity of the sound produced. With good reeds and a good ligature these mouthpieces feel very comfortable to play and really help the sax player to maximise his or her potential. There are a wide variety to choose from whatever style of music you are into. They are professional quality mouthpieces in every way at an affordable price.
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.