Vandoren Jumbo Java Ebonite - Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
The hottest ebonite mouthpieces in the line. Designed with a small chamber, high baffle and a big bore for an increased sound impact and edgy tone comparable to metal mouthpieces. Extremely versatile: from hot jazz to blues to funk to rock. Recommended for use with Java or V16 reeds.
Tip Opening/Facing Length
T45 (2.35mm/Medium Facing) Power and brightness are its principal qualities.
T55 (2.50mm/Long Facing) A comfortable mouthpiece with the tip opening of the V16 series T6.
T75 (2.65mm/Medium Long Facing) An intermediate tip opening; the most popular JAVA tenor choice.
T95 (2.95mm/Long Facing) A generous, rich and centered sound.
There can be no beating around the bush. This is a bright and loud mouthpiece. Due to its large baffle and big bore, this mouthpiece projects with plenty of edge to help carry your sound through any situation you may find yourself in. Whilst it can be brought back a bit, I feel like this was not the intended purpose and would be best suited to somebody regularly playing in loud bands looking for that extra edge. This would also appeal to those looking for the extra edge an expensive metal mouthpiece would provide, whilst retaining the comfort-ability of an ebonite piece. As with the rest of the Vandoren range, I found there was enough resistance to help you crank it up to 11, but still remained easy to blow. Matthew@sax.co.uk
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.