Yanagisawa SCWO10U Curved Soprano Saxophone - Unlacquered
- Free 12-Point Professional Set-up
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
- Free One Year Checkover
Here is the final piece in the jigsaw puzzle – the WO series curved sopranos! The SCWO10 brings us another level of excellence beyond the 900 series models. One of the finest curved sopranos in the world, this sax will deliver impeccable tone and intonation, whilst giving the player a perfectly engineered and incredibly comfortable keywork and mechanism.
Yanagisawa have made several improvements in key mechanism, sound and intonation.
Firstly, here are the mechanism changes:
1. Change of angle of the right little finger keys for smoother fingerings
2. Modified angle of the left palm keys for better fingering
3. Adopted German Silver to strengthen the rod on the G key
4. Redesigned G# key cup to perfect intonation
5. Detachable brace between bow and body added – allows technicians to make repairs more easily!
Secondly, here are the changes for in sound and intonation:
1. Overall readjustment of tone hole sizes and positions to facilitate better intonation
2. New source of brass
And finally, there is a new back-pack style case. It has a new outer compartment, giving the player even more storage possibilities. A shoulder strap is also included.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Unlacquered
• Key Touches: Mother of Pearl
• Neck: Yanagisawa
• Engraving: Engraved
• Case: New back-pack style case
• Mouthpiece: Yanagisawa ebonite
• Made in: Japan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a year
• Recommended for: Advancing students, professionals
This little beauty makes the process of playing the curved soprano highly joyful! Sometimes I find that playing the curved soprano can fell like an awkward experience – the hands are so high and the fingering can feel fumbly; however, Yanagisawa have designed the most user-friendly key ergonomics, taking the already high level of design from the 900 series and improving again even further. I like the re-angled palm keys – all three of them feel like they are an even distance away from any point in the palm, making them really easy to access. Lovely stuff!
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
12 point pro saxophone set-up included
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.