SR Technologies Metal Legend Mouthpiece - Tenor Saxophone
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
Tip Opening: .106 inches
Ron singer of SR Technologies has hit on an exceptionally versatile and easy blowing design for his metal tenor mouthpieces. The Fusion, Pro & Legend all seem to follow basically the same configuration but with different baffles; with the Legend the darkest. What we have here is a top quality, hand finished 'boutique' mouthpiece with a fast response full, warm-ish tone- broadly speaking similar to a good Otto Link STM. As with all pieces in this range the piece is easy blowing, very responsive and extremely satisfying to play- enough character to get your teeth into, musically speaking, but leaves the player firmly in control of shaping their own overall sound.
SR Tech Mouthpieces
We came across these mouthpieces through the recommendation of professional players. I wasn't sure how the polycarbonate resin material would effect to overall tone. My previous experiences of plastic based materials have been disappointing. But what a sound! Bright, edgy but still with a great rich tonal core; it is incredibly free blowing and responsive. My personal favourite is the L-85, the slightly larger tip opening gave helped create more body to the tone. Plus if you get caught by some trigger-happy trombone players, it doubles as a small bullet proof vest! But seriously it is great for funk and lead work, bring it on Maceo Parker!
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.