Yamaha Synthetic Reed for Tenor Saxophone
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
A NEW AFFORDABLE SYNTHETIC REED FROM YAMAHA
The new Yamaha synthetic reed is a fantastic choice for players looking for durability and consistency from their reed.
Material: A new formulation based on fibrous material. Similar tone to natural reed.
Texture: Simulated reed texture for a natural feel. Similar look and feel to natural reed.
Shape: Original shape with a central rib. Well-balanced playability throughout the instrument’s range.
Heat treatment: Synthetic reeds are fully heat treated. Deep tone and smooth sound production.
Engraved reed number: The reed number is laser-engraved on the outer surface. Durable, Legible marking. (The Yamaha logo is engraved in the inner surface)
Yamaha synthetic reeds have been tested for a full 320 hours of playing time, approximating 8 months of real-world use*. No changes in stiffness or shape were detected even after 320 hours.
The durability contributes to reduce the cost spent for reeds, which will make Yamaha Synthetic Reed more affordable than cane reeds.
* 2 hours per day, 20 days per month.
TOTALLY SAFE IN THE MOUTH
Yamaha synthetic reeds contain no toxic substances* and can be effectively cleaned and disinfected with mouthpiece cleaner or similar to ensure that they are always safe and sanitary.
* Tested according to Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare standards, and fully compliant with Japanese, European, and American regulations.
READY FOR USE
There is no need for seasoning reeds. In addition, the plastic package and paper case in which Yamaha synthetic reeds are sold can be used as a convenient reed case. The paper case is water-resistant and will not soften or tear if used to store a moist reed.
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.