D'Addario Reserve - Alto Saxophone Reed - Single
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
Buy any 10 single reeds - SAVE 10%
IDEAL FOR CLASSICAL / CHAMBER / EXPERIMENTAL
Reserve reeds are filed and feature a thicker spine and blank, allowing for ease of register changes. The Reserve reed is ideally suited for solo and chamber performances. Reserve reeds are made from lower-internode cane, which comes from the first four tubes of the cane stalk, yielding greater consistency from reed to reed.
- High-density cane produces more durable, consistent reeds
- Color video inspection sorts cane quality
- Optical laser measurements ensure accuracy
- Precision natural-diamond cutting blades maintain reed consistency
As someone who's exclusively used Vandoren reeds on my classical setups for many years, I have to say I am VERY impressed with these reeds! They are very responsive, and have a vibrant tone quality without being bright or edgy. Strength-wise they blow about the same as Vandoren Traditionals, but adding the "3.0+" strength between 3 and 3.5 is an excellent touch to give you more options when finetuning your setup. Sometimes it can feel like reed options for classical players are a bit limited. So if you've been habitually using the same reeds for a while like I had, mix things up a bit an give these a try. I promise you wont regret it! - Oren Gurney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.