JodyJazz DV - Baritone Sax Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
What Is the DV Baritone Saxophone Mouthpiece?
Jody Espina has introduced the concept of Golden Section Proportions to the art of high end saxophone mouthpiece design. This perfect chamber/bore/facing combination will result in an extraordinary playing experience for you.
Effortless Power & Beauty
Here, nature, science and imagination combine to create a revolutionary new saxophone mouthpiece. The 24kt Gold Plated JodyJazz DV Tenor sax mouthpiece (U.S. Patent No. 7,470,844) uses proportions and principles found in nature. For the most effortless playing experience of your life, we invite you to try the DV baritone sax mouthpiece.
Three Goals in Creating the DV Series of Saxophone Mouthpieces
1. To create the most efficient mouthpiece possible. That means that there are more harmonics present in the sound and therefore the projection of this baritone sax mouthpiece is huge.
2. To eliminate the annoying shrillness that is associated with loud bright baritone saxophone mouthpieces.
3. To have a big fat midrange and bottom end that has never been present before in a baritone mouthpiece with strong projection.
DV vs DV NY - How are they different?
Both mouthpieces have a full resonant sound due to the secondary window. The DV will have more projection and be brighter due to the raised floor of the chamber while the DV NY will have a more traditional Jazz sound and projection due to the deep full chamber. We often recommend trying both mouthpieces if you are not sure which model would suit you.
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.