Klangbogen Three Pin set by ReedGeek - Aero Matte Brass - Alto/Tenor
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
The new Klangbogen from the guys behind the Reed Geek is one of the more interesting pieces of equipment to come through the store recently. Klangbogen translates to 'Sound Bow' and the idea is that this gadget is designed to compensate for the resonance lost at the join between the neck and the body. Once attached at the lyre holder, the extra weight of the Klangbogen helps to increase the body and projection of your sax, giving you a slightly fatter and edgier sound. I was surprised by the effect of the Klangbogen and after a while I felt the sax sounded a little weak without it. The design is quite subtle too, if you weren't looking for it you may never see it, but may need removing to fit in particularly fitted cases. Whilst a simple design, it is nice to note that it is a nicely made gadget that will endure consistent use being screwed on and off the instrument.
To some it may be subtle, but it really does make a difference and is definitely worth a try. A trip to your nearest sax.co.uk is highly recommended whilst we still have some in stock!
The newly updated ReedGeek® Klangbogen is the latest innovative product offering from ReedGeek ®, Inc., conceived by German artisan and ReedGeek ® team member, Torsten “Toko” Köhler. The Klangbogen™ instantly increases output and depth of tone of the saxophone while stabilizing the extreme ranges of the horn so it speaks with clarity. This allows the player to achieve a rich saxophone sound with great forward projection and point (focus) to the sound.
The Klangbogen™, a beautifully crafted brass bow, attaches to the lyre holder supporting the neck tenon-socket region of the instrument, which historically suffers tremendous nodal disturbances.
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.