Meyer Metal - Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
FOR EXQUISITE PLAYING RESPONSE AND SMOOTHNESS OF TONE, THESE MOUTHPIECES STAND ALONE.
The Meyer Metal Saxophone Mouthpiece is one of the finest lines of metal mouthpieces available. Considered by many players to be the top American jazz piece for more than fifty years, the Meyer metal jazz produces a powerful yet very controllable sound.
• Material: Metal
• Made In: USA
• Chamber: Small/Medium
• Baffle: Slight Rollover
• Ligature: Two screw
• Manufacturing Method: Moulded
• Recommended for: Jazz Professionals
"Something of an oddity. A metal mouthpiece which blows as dark as many ebonites (noticeably so when set against Meyer's own ebonite pieces). A warm core tone without a huge amount of edge and very full sound, especially in the lower register make these a quite appealing prospect for smaller, intimate gigs and playing in smaller units- Duo or trio work. They're nicely finished and extremely freeblowing- overall an unusually effortless set up. These are a piece which definitely benefits from a new ligature -the stock one, though adequate - is extremely fiddly and quite awkward to fit. A rovner light, or even better- Francois Louis- seem to play to the strengths of this piece's design and enhance the ease of response." Jules - Sax.co.uk
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.