Retro Revival Tru Res Tenor Sax Mouthpiece
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
Retro Revival have re-created the infamous Reso Chamber Otto Link Tone Edge with painstaking accuracy. These classic mouthpieces were made in New York in the 40’s and were known for having a really dark core. Using the finest examples of original pieces and combining with modern CAD technology/CNC milling Retro Revival have made these classic pieces available to everyone once again! The sound is warm and full, but still with a big dynamic range.
Aside from having a really dark core, the Reso chamber mouthpieces were known for having an even quality throughout the range. Retro Revival have based their ‘Tru-Res’ mouthpiece from an original, pristine Reso chamber model, and at the same time they have offered a much wider range of tips, from 7* to 8*, to cater to the needs of the regular jazz musician. The rarely available versions found on eBay normally have much smaller tip openings and so don’t have much practical value to the typical player. Again, Retro Revival have done a marvellous thing by bringing back these mouthpieces into the public domain!
Joel Peskin, founder of Retro Revival mouthpieces, states on his website: ‘It is our intention to earn your trust by offering the real deal. No hype, exaggerated claims and cliché sales gimmickry. Our intended goal is to offer affordable vintage replica mouthpieces that we would actually use and love to play! To our highest standards, we are committed to play testing every mouthpiece, and with great pride, we are confident that sax players from every age and level of experience will feel and hear the special qualities of our ‘Super D’ Tenor, the ‘New Yorker’ Alto, and other classic Retro Revival replicas soon to come.’
• Material: High quality German Bar Rubber
• Made In: California, USA
• Chamber: Medium/large
• Baffle: Rollover
• Ligature: Rico H Lig
• Manufacturing Method: CNC milled, hand finished
• Recommended for: Advancing students/professionals – jazz and beyond
"This mouthpiece has a beautiful rich sound – dark and full bodied. In a similar way to Retro Revival’s Tru Slant, this piece has real enjoyable playing quantities. The sound is immediately big, full of core and simply sounds great! You can see why this was such an iconic piece in the 40’s, and I know that so many players are going to have a lot of fun playing on this modern version!" - Jim (Sax.co.uk)
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough play-test from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
Delivery & Returns
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £75 TO UK MAINLAND
COMPETITIVE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES & PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Orders in stock and received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.